|Number of Players
|| Rio Grande Games
Concordia Venus is a strategy game of peace & economic development in Roman times for 2-6 players ages 13 and up. Instead of looking to the luck of cards or dice, players must rely on their strategic abilities. Be sure to watch your opponents to determine which goals they are pursuing and where you can outpace them! In the game, colonists are sent out from Rome to settle in cities that produce wine, food, bricks, tools, and cloth. Each player starts with an identical set of cards and acquires more cards during the game. These cards serve two purposes:
- They let a player to choose actions during the game.
- They are converted to victory points (VPs) at the end of the game.
Concordia is a strategy game that requires consideration of your opponent's moves and advance planning. Every game is different, due to the modular layout of cities on the 4 different maps included with the game, and because of the sequence of new cards on sale. After the first player builds his 15th house or when all cards have been sold from the market, the game ends. The player with the most VPs from the gods (Mercurius, Minerva, Vesta, Venus, Jupiter, Saturnus, etc.) wins the game.
- Teams of two players on each team may play against each other.
- New personality cards with the goddess Venus allow for new tactics & strategies.
- New maps (Hellas, Cyprus, Ionium) on which to play in addition to the original Imperium map.